Episode 101 / 5th November 2023
101 Separation Anxiety and the House Training Conundrum with Kathleen McClure
Struggling with a dog who soils the house? Not sure whether it’s anxiety or a house training issue? . Well, if this is your dog, you don’t need me to tell you how frustrating it is.
That’s why, in this episode I’m joined by Kathleen McClure, a Certified SA Pro who also has a partcular focus on house training.
Kathleen and I had a fascinating conversation about dogs who go in the house.
Here are 5 key takeaways:
1. What the difference is between house training issues related to anxiety and those that aren’t.
2. The importance of reinforcement and creating positive associations for desired behaviors, and why house training is no exception.
3. How to prevent future accidents and manage your dog’s behavior to set them up for success.
4. How to change your dog’s emotions and reduce fear if they only have accidents when you’re away.
5. Why some dogs may avoid eliminating in front of their owners if they feel scared or unsafe.
So, whether you’re battling separation anxiety or struggling with house training, join me and Kathleen as we dive into expert strategies that will transform your dog’s behavior.
To find out more about Kathleen and how she can help you, check out Kathleen’s self-paced online course and one-on-one coaching to get the personalized support you need on your dog’s journey to house training success. You can get more info at: https://thehappierdog.com.
For information on how to work with me, click here.
To get a copy of my bestselling book, click here.